Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 - The Year of No Regrets




I am truly brought to tears when I think back on 2015 - it was the year of the highest highs and some of the lowest lows in my life (so far), but I can honestly say - looking back - that I don't regret a single choice I made. Not one (not saying I haven't forgotten something - because that is always a possibility).

I've learned a lot about myself this year, and about life. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that God always has a far bigger and BETTER plan for our lives than we ever dreamed. It doesn't always mean that plan goes the way we expect, or even he expects, but trusting in him has gotten me much further than I could've gotten walking this path alone. 

The biggest moment of 2015 was quite obviously our wedding day. A day I wish we could go back and relive again and again. It truly was the best day, a reminder that no job, no car, no house, no materialistic item, will ever come close to the value of the love of your soulmate and the most supportive friends and family. 

I am not where I thought I would be in many areas of life in 2015, but I do know I'm where I am meant to be at this very moment. I have dreams and aspirations for 2016, but this time I won't feel defeated if I don't reach them, because what's meant to be will always be in good time.

I hope my 25th year is filled with more moments and less stuff.

I don't know what 2016 holds for me, or D, but I do know with a little faith and hard work it will be another year filled with adventure, love and laughter -- and there's really nothing better than that.


M

2 comments: