Thursday, January 1, 2015

Farewell to 2014, Hello to 2015



As I reflect back on 2014, I can’t help but be overwhelmed by all the amazing things that occurred not only for me, but for my family and friends.

I think innately as humans we have a tendency to focus on the negative in the day to day moments, holding ourselves to a higher standard than our peers would, and many times falling short of those expectations we have for ourselves and others.

But when we look back on the big picture, on a “year in review”, it is amazing how we see mostly good moments and memories.

Unfortunately, we cannot predict what the next day, week, month or year will bring us, and (as a closet pessimist myself) it’s easy to brace yourself for the next bad thing, but there is so much good even in the tough times.

My resolution is simple for 2015:

Be the good. See the good.

(and maybe try to blog every day too)

I challenge you to make one resolution (instead of that long list of unattainables) one that will change your heart and those you care about most.

I wish you joy, peace and unwavering love in the New Year.

Cheers from the beach,

M


1 comment:

  1. Kicking of 2015 with a blog - I LOVE IT!! Hope you take time to stop in and journal the last few months before the Big Day, as well as, the first few months as Mrs. Love ya gal, and wish you nothing but the best in 2015!!!

    ReplyDelete