Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Where Feet May Fail"


You know how sometimes a quote stops you in your tracks? Or a story? Something that makes you think, this was put here for me to see - there's a purpose to it's placement. That happened to me this morning during my morning devotional. I was reading my Jesus Calling passage, when a sentence made me stop.

The only remedy is to switch your focus from the problem to My Presence. - Jesus Calling
I am certainly one of the easily distracted, and I can never say no if someone asks me to do something. (I am working on it). Maybe I do have the "fear of missing out" - I think it's more of a "fear of missing an opportunity." But I tend to attempt to solve my problems for myself, it doesn't usually work out so well. In the busyness that fills my life, I lost sight of his presence. The one that has the greater & ultimate plan. I have to remember to let him take the lead. Because he has far greater plans for me, than I have for myself. So this week I will attempt to be more focused on his presence & not my personal convictions.

How do you stay focused on your faith during the week?


No comments:

Post a Comment